1. Statement on the use of cookie
When consulting our site www.bmb-medical.com, cookies are saved to the computer, tablet or terminal you are using. This enables us to analyze visits to pages and improve the Site. Cookies are used according to their nature and for the purposes given below.
2. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is saved to a terminal when visiting the Site or viewing an advertisement. One of the purposes of a Cookie is to collect information relating to the User’s browsing on the Site and to send the User personalized services and content.
3. Cookie identification
There are different types of Cookies:
a. Third-party Cookies and proprietary Cookies
A Cookie is called “proprietary” or “third party” depending on the domain from which it originates. Proprietary Cookies are those installed by the Site when the User is consulting it. Third-party Cookies are Cookies installed by a domain other than that of the Site (for example, a cookie may be deposited by a third-party advertising agency on the Site). When a User consults the Site and another entity installs a Cookie through the Site, this Cookie is a third-party Cookie.
b. Session Cookies
These Cookies allow the Site operators to follow the actions of a User during a browsing session. The browsing session starts as soon as the User opens the browser window, and ends when they close it. Session Cookies are temporary. Once the browser is closed, all session Cookies are deleted.
c. Persistent Cookies
These Cookies remain on the User’s device after closing the browser session, for the duration of time set by each of these Cookies. They are activated each time the User consults the Site.
4. What types of Cookies does the Publisher use and for what purposes?
Different types of Cookies with different purposes are used on the Site. Some are necessary to use the Site, others are optional depending on your choices.
a. Technical Cookies that are strictly necessary
These Cookies are necessary for the Site to operate. They allow the User to use the main functionalities of the Site. Without these Cookies, the User cannot use the Site normally. These Cookies only require information from the User to be deposited on the User’s terminal and do not allow any behavioral or identification tracking.
b. Functional personalization Cookies
These Cookies enable personalization of the User’s experience on the Site by memorizing their preferences and allow, in particular:
• the Site’s presentation to be adapted to the display preferences of the terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) when Users visit the Site, depending on the equipment and browsers;
• storage of information relating to the forms that the User has filled in on the Site or information that the User has chosen on the Site;
• the User to access their account or any other reserved area using their login;
• security measures to be implemented, for example when the User is asked to reconnect to a content or service after a certain period of time has elapsed.
c. Audience measurement Cookies
Cookies for audience measurement help to establish statistics on visits to and use of the various elements making up the Site (sections and content visited, paths). They allow the Publisher to improve the Site’s utility and user-friendliness.
5. How can the User manage Cookies?
The User’s management of Cookie storage
The User can manage the Cookies that are stored as follows:
• Storage of strictly necessary technical Cookies is activated by default and cannot be deactivated by the User as these Cookies are essential to the Site’s functioning;
- The User deactivates or activates the storage of Cookies subject to the collection of their consent (Cookies for audience measurement, Cookies for behavioral analysis, advertising Cookies, etc.) using the information banner. Deactivation will result in the User’s refusal to accept the Cookie in question, and therefore to browse the website.
• By continuing to navigate, i.e. when the User clicks on an element of the Site (image, link, “search” button, etc.) or goes to another page of the Site, the User validates the storage of Cookies, according to the default settings proposed.
If the User activates the storage of Cookies on their terminal, the Cookies embedded in the pages and content that they have consulted may be temporarily stored in a dedicated area of the terminal. They will be readable only by their sender. The consent given by the User is only valid for a period of thirteen (13) months from the first time a Cookie is stored on the User’s terminal equipment, following the expression of the User’s consent.
If the User deactivates the storage of Cookies on their terminal or browser, or if they delete those already saved, the User is informed that their browsing and experience on the Site may differ from that of other Users who have activated Cookies (no personalized content). This could also be the case if the Publisher or one of our service providers cannot determine, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by the terminal, the language and display settings or the country from which the terminal appears to be connected to the Internet. Where applicable, the Publisher declines all responsibility for the consequences related to the degraded functioning of the Site due to the User’s refusal of Cookies.
For more information
The User may visit the CNIL website to read information concerning cookies on the following page: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs.
The User can connect to the Youronlinechoices site, which is offered by digital advertising professionals grouped within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France. The User will then be able to find out which companies are registered on this platform and which offer the option to refuse or accept the Cookies used by these companies to adapt the advertisements that may be displayed on their terminal to the User’s browsing information at: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.